When using the Retrode, try avoiding the following things:
- Repeated, fast insertion and removal of cartridges.
- Overly slow insertion or removal of cartridges.
- Insertion/removal of cartridges while the system is reading from or writing to the Retrode.
NEVER EVER do any of the following:
- Use mechanical violence when something doesn’t seem to fit.
- Put cartridge in the wrong slot.
- Insert cartridge in the wrong direction.
- Manipulate the Retrode file system and data using a disk editor, hex editor, or otherwise. Unless you absolutely know what you’re doing. You won’t kill the Retrode, but you might easily kill your savegame.
For your reference, here’s how to do it right.